Lead and instruct small groups of TK-High Schools students during hands-on science and social science day long Field Trips at various sites within Orange County. This position is ideal for individuals interested in the environment or those looking for teaching experience.
- Work outdoors while gaining valuable teaching experience!
- Field Naturalist experience preferred but willing to train
- Knowledge of science and/or social science a plus
- Positions range from 2 to 5 days per week from September to June, beginning at $13.50 per hour
- Daily hours range from 4 to 8 hours per day, depending on schedule work day usually begins at 8:00
- Limited weekend and summer work may be available
We are currently recruiting for positions for the 2018-2019 school year. Our school year begins in mid-September. Starting dates are flexible. All applications must be submitted through Edjoin.org, click here to apply
Animal Care Assistant
Animal Care Assistants are needed to assist with cleaning cages, handling, and feeding a variety of animals, including:
- Mammals (i.e., opossums, rabbits, rats, chinchillas)
- Birds (i.e., hawk, doves, owl, etc.)
- Reptiles (i.e., snakes, lizards, turtles)
- Amphibians (i.e., frogs, salamanders, toads)
- Insects and Spiders
- Part-time positions available, 4 to 6 hours per day ($13.50 per hour). All of our animals are housed at a facility located on Santiago Canyon Road near Silverado Canyon.
- Very flexible schedule (work hours are not set, they just need to be during daylight hours)
- Perfect for students interested in veterinary medicine or animal husbandry
- Must have experience with exotic and native animals
We are not currently recruiting for this position.