Lead and instruct small groups of K-6th grade students during hands-on science and social science day long Field Trips at various sites within Orange County. This position is ideal for individuals interested in the environment or those looking for teaching experience.
- Work outdoors while gaining valuable teaching experience!
- Field Naturalist experience preferred but willing to train
- Knowledge of science and/or social science a plus
- Positions range from 2 to 5 days per week from September to June, beginning at $13.50 per hour
- Daily hours range from 4 to 8 hours per day, depending on schedule work day usually begins at 8:00
- Limited weekend and summer work may be available
We are now accepting applications for positions for the 2017-2018 school year. All applications must be submitted online, click here to apply
Animal Care Assistant
Animal Care Assistants are needed to assist with cleaning cages, handling, and feeding a variety of animals, including:
- Mammals (i.e., opossums, rabbits, rats, chinchillas)
- Birds (i.e., hawk, doves, owl, etc.)
- Reptiles (i.e., snakes, lizards, turtles)
- Amphibians (i.e., frogs, salamanders, toads)
- Insects and Spiders
- Part-time positions available, 4 to 6 hours per day ($13.50 per hour). All of our animals are housed at a facility located on Santiago Canyon Road near Silverado Canyon.
- Very flexible schedule (shifts available most days a week)
- Perfect for students interested in veterinary medicine or animal husbandry
- Must have experience with exotic and native animals
We are not currently recruiting for this position.