Volunteers are an invaluable resource to Inside the Outdoors. Through volunteering, individuals are actively involving themselves with Inside the Outdoors and contributing to its mission to expand students, teachers and the community’s knowledge, understanding, and stewardship of the environment. Volunteers help us enhance existing programs or bring new programs at a lower cost to students, teachers, and the community. Volunteers may be assigned to a variety of duties, which include but are not limited to assisting with trail/site maintenance, removal of invasive (non-native) plant species and restoration of native plants. Other assignments may include assisting our administrative support staff and staffing for Community events.
The goals of the Inside the Outdoors Volunteer Program include:
- To provide the community with an opportunity to keep connecting children to nature and creating healthier, happier and smarter environmental stewards of tomorrow.
- To enhance and expand current Inside the Outdoors operations.
- Build awareness and understanding of environmental issues.
- To help strengthen the natural habitat by protecting and restoring it.
- Bring exceptional learning opportunities to students, teachers, and the community.
Please visit us on VolunteerMatch
for more information about volunteer opportunities and how to become an Inside the Outdoors volunteer.
Upcoming Volunteer Events
Earth Day Beach Cleanup
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2016
Time: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (arrive by 8:45 a.m. to check-in, for safety review, and to get your supplies)
Hosted By: Inside the Outdoors Foundation
Location: Bolsa Chica State Beach, 17851 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach 92649
Meet at: Tower 19, near Parking Lot 17 (download map here)
FREE PARKING - Mention you are with the Inside the Outdoors Foundation Beach Clean-up at the entrance gate
- Gloves and trash bags will be provided
- Refreshments and kids crafts
- Families welcome
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2016.